Concurrent Degree Option – Pharm.D./MBA with The Citadel Graduate College
The concurrent degree program between the College of Pharmacy and The Citadel allows students to achieve both degrees in the same four-year period, though there is substantial flexibility for students interested in taking additional courses. Students will take MBA courses during fall, spring, and summer semesters and in the evening.
Admission Requirements & Prerequisites
Students interested in the concurrent degree program must formally apply to The Citadel for admission into The Citadel’s program before beginning classes there. Application procedures may be found on the Citadel's website.
Although the MBA program has traditionally required a bachelor’s degree, they have agreed to accept Pharm.D. students who have completed a total of 124 credit hours. Students can apply during the semester they are finishing up their 124 hours.
Integrated Pharm.D./MBA Curriculum
Students interested in the concurrent degree program must formally apply to The Citadel for admission into The Citadel’s program before beginning classes there. Application procedures may be found on the The concurrent degree program will neither displace nor rearrange any of the core Pharm.D. courses. Several MBA courses that will be accepted for Pharm.D. elective credit hours include the following:
- Communications for Leadership (BADM 713 - required)
- Information Technology Management (BADM 719 - required)
- Financial Problems (BADM 734 - required)
- Strategic Marketing (BADM 737 - required)
- Human Resource Management (BADM 768 - elective)
- Human Resource Development (BADM 766 - elective)
- Consumer Behavior (BADM 788 - elective)
The following Pharm.D. core courses will be accepted in place of the required MBA courses:
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics - COP 805 (in place of BADM 716 Legal and Ethical Environment for Decision Makers)
- Outcomes Design and Assessment - COP 725 (in place of BADM 606 Foundations of Quantitative Method and Operations management
The following Pharm.D. courses may be accepted for elective credit by the MBA program, which requires 9 elective hours.
- Administration Pharmacy Practice Experience
- Special Projects- Clinical Pharmacy Outcome Sciences
- Health Systems Pharmacy: Policy and Practice
- Personal Finance
- Grand Rounds
Overview of The Citadel's MBA Program Requirements
The Citadel’s MBA program requires 36 credit hours for the MBA program and 15 hours of foundation courses. The asterisk (*) indicates course requirements that may be satisfied by Pharm.D. courses, as described in the previous section.
- BADM 601 - Foundations of Accounting - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 604 - Foundations of Economics - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 605 - Foundations of Finance - 3 Credit Hours
- *BADM 606 - Foundations of Quantitative Methods and operations management - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 607 - Foundations of Marketing - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 609 – Foundations of Management - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 713 - Communication for Leadership - 3 Credit Hours
- *BADM 716 - Legal and Ethical Environment for Decision Makers - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 719 - Information Technology Management - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 722 - Leadership in Organizations - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 728 - Accounting for Executives - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 731 - Quantitative Method for operations management - 3 credit hours
- BADM 734 - Financial Problems - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 737 - Strategic Marketing - 3 Credit Hours
- BADM 740 - Global Business Strategy - 3 Credit Hours
Electives (9 credit hours)
Students with an undergraduate business degrees may have satisfied the requirements for the foundations courses.
Students interested in pursuing the Pharm.D./MBA Concurrent Degree program contact Heather Easterling at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the program.